I am a guy.
Haha..okay not anatomically and I don't "act" like a guy, but I do have this complex in that I like to chase and I like to hunt (and not in the gun, shoot an animal sort of way) For example, although this one doesnt illustrate my point: Shopping. I live to find bargains when I shop for stuff, especially clothes. I don't settle for things I dont want either..I hunt for exactly what I am looking for and then pounce on it. Or I will buy it and then return it and then rebuy it when it goes on sale (beating them at their own game.) I will hunt for my size or the perfect color or etc. (This has a point I swear) Anyways, I tend to be like that with guys too. Not that it really matters anymore, but I chase(d) guys. When I liked a guy in particular this one guy who I dated I chased him and chased him by trying to do things for him, trying to get them to see me, talking to them at every opportune moment, complimenting me all the time, and I could continue but that would be embarrassing. It was like a game to me..and I wanted to conquer and win, which is completely backwards. Girls are "in theory" the ones to be chased, where guys ride on their white horse and jump through hoops and make the girl feel beautiful and special. They are supposed to enjoy the thrill of the hunt. Now okay this makes me sound strange and odd. But I think there just isnt enough guys taking charge, but instead they are letting girls do the dirty work and take charge, which defeats the romantic thing and feeling cherished and special. And girls (including myself) it's okay to take a little interest, but if you are doing all the work and chasing after the guy you need to stop and let yourself be chased. Because you are worth it. Guys, step it up: Be the men you were created to be by God. You were designed to be hunters to be stronger. And yes, I need to listen to my own advice. I used to think if a guy was chasing after me that there was something wrong with him, that it was weird that I didnt have to work for it. I still struggle with that as I mentioned previously. Girls don't feel that way, and guys keep chasing bc there isn't anything wrong with you for hunting. This blog has been a long time coming. Tell me your opinions, I'd love to hear.
But now..the Olympics are calling me!
See ya!
Stefanie

2 comments:
I agree that guys need to step it up. And that girls [myself included] need to wait to be pursued. I've actually been struggling with that lately [though I dunno how much of an issue it'll be since I'm currently pissed that he lied to me] so I totally understand what you're saying.
I agree!
I've never really been one to 'chase' but I do understand about the trying to do things for them so that maybe, possibly, they will take notice...sheesh hehe.
I do think guys in general need to step it up a notch and do some serious chasing.
It's hard waiting, and it's hard when different guys have different ideas about how to pursue...hehe, ah life is a puzzle.
Post a Comment