Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"Excuses, Excuses"

I hate it when people make excuses..ones that are super lame and not even remotely believable. I mean sometimes I want to say to people "Ya know, telling me your dog ate your homework would be more believable or ya know telling me that a bunch of monkeys came and piled bananas outside your door so you couldnt get out would be more believable than your crappy excuse." Excuses usually mean people back out on something. For teachers it means kids backed out of doing their homework or something like that. Excuses are sometimes legitimate like if you are sick or something is an emergency. But how many people just make up stuff to get out of doing something? umm. often. And really what is an excuse? It's a lie. And I hate being lied to. Don't you? People make up stupid excuses..or say something ridiculous at the last minute that doesnt make any sense at all...like you didnt think of that beforehand? People must think that I'm stupid or naive..I mean a lot of people probably do just fall for any lame excuse such as the monkeys and bananas, but not me. I mean maybe if you are a great liar or actually you can just come up with something believable, I might fall for it. But what happened to being honest with people? If you can't do something, say why. If you didnt do your homework just say so. If you are late to work dont say it was traffic if you really were the irresponsible one. Or if you can control it just do what you say you're going to do. Do your homework, your chores, do the things you planned with your family or friends, make an effort. Don't back out on people at the last minute..it's not nice. Don't play video games when you have homework to do. Don't eat all the cookies and blame it on your little brother. I mean I make excuses..and I shouldn't. So this is my attempt to remind myself and others to stop saving your own butt and take responsibility for the work that is yours to do and for the promises you make.

Anyways, like my last post I am going to focus on some Olympic beach volleyball now.

Who writes,
Stefjenny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This cracked me up. In a good way. I love it when customers want to return something and make up some truly ridiculous excuse...it gives me good stories to tell when I get back to school. And I just know exactly what you mean with all this...you said what I think. :)