It's been a long day
And all I've got to say is make it strong
It's been a long day
And all I've got to say is I've been wrong
So take a leave of absence
Tell me you'll be gone
I don't want to see your face
It's been a long day
And I just want to hide away
It's been a long week
And all the lines come down heavy on me
It's been a long week
I'm finally feeling like it's okay to break
into a thousand pieces
no one can replace
only I can find my way
It's been long day
And I just want to hideaway
It's been a long year
And everyone around me's disappeared
It's been a long year
And all this mess around me's finally cleared
So can I have a moment just to say hello
Can you let your anger go?
It's been a long year
And I'm finally ready to be here...
This song is sung by Rosi Golan..I first heard it on my favorite tv show...everyone should know what that is..no? fine. you fail. Anyways, it's One Tree Hill. I quickly grew to love it. I think it's because the words kind of ring true in my life. However- it's taken me more than a year to conquer my wanting to just hide and not be angry. That's why my title has time written on the end of it. I'm actually waiting to say the words "And I'm finally ready to be here." I think the reason I like this song so much is because it is the start of a new year..It's January..and if you know me..you know how much I really don't like January and February..I don't believe in luck or karma or any of that junk..but I must say January and February don't really have good track records for me. But this time every year I get contemplative..I reflect and I try to let the past just go and be the past..trying to be ready to be here..not necessarily here at school (although most days I'm still trying to adjust to that too even as a junior)..but more importantly I'm trying to be ready to be in this moment..right here..where I am..I think I have some more growing and healing to do before I can be ready..but I do really like this song..and you should go listen to it..it's on my myspace profile if you want to listen... www.myspace.com/stefjenny88
Who writes,
Stefanie Rae

4 comments:
Love you Babes!
But January has my birthday!! :)Although the weather isn't the best in January or February....
Love you Stefjenny! :)
Some things just take time don't they? I just have to say that I think you are doing great and I sense that most of your anger is gone and much healing has taken place. God is good and He alone dries our tears and gives us the strength to press on. Isn't it wonderful to be loved so much??!!!
Is. 41:10
I love that song! And One Tree Hill, which I have to catch up on.. I missed last week's [tech. two weeks ago] episode :( So don't tell me what happened!
Post a Comment