Thursday, September 18, 2008

Frustrated, Sad, & Stubborn

This is how I feel when people talk about politics. I pretty much hate them. I have my views but I dont feel the need to spread them 24/7 and bash other candidates over the head. I mix my religion with politics..because as a Christian, I really don't think there is a choice in the matter. Also, how in the world someone can say there baby isnt a baby at conception is beyond me. That is what someone told me..I really wanted to ask okay then what is conception then? The making of a fluff ball? I think not. It's a baby..at 22 days the baby has a heartbeat..At the 3rd week of conception your baby has a spinal column...which is about the time you realize you are pregnant..so by the time you are ready for an abortion your baby has a heartbeat and a spinal column..hmm..still not a baby then huh? Already then people..when does this "fluff" become a baby? It's a baby on day one. It doesnt magically become a baby on I dont know day 63. It's always a baby. Always going to be a baby. And if you have an aborition you are killing it. It is so hard not to shake people who are so ignorant about this. They say if it's outlawed people will just do it themselves. I dont doubt that, but as a nation we've then decided it is wrong. And we've done what we needed to do. And I bet a lot less people would be willing to do it themselves- they'd be more frightened and would think about it more.



And if one more person says Bush is the worst president I'm going to scream. Look at other presidents in the past. Andrew Jackon not so great..FDR made our country dependent on social programs that we are now stuck in. Clinton wasnt so hot either..or maybe he was to certain women..but that is not what I meant. Bush isnt the best but our country isnt in ruin over him. And no our country's economy isnt screwed because of the war. Our economy is screwed because we have pig-headed people. Gas is expensive because we wont drill off our own international shores and yet other countries are drilling off the coast. That makes sense right? I didnt think so.



Education? The whole public education system is screwed up and it's not gonna get fixed until someone overturns No Child Left Behind. And Obama thinks our children should go to preschool. I dont think that should be required. Four year olds need to spend time with their mother and spend time developing into a child.

I think I'm done..It may seem short or odd or just randomly assorted. It is. I just cant talk about it anymore..lol..it frustrates me sooo much. All I'm going to say is..I'm not democrat or republican. I vote from what reflects a Biblical perspective. Neither candidate may fit the bill, but I'm going to vote based on what I think may best exemplify my biggest concerns. People worry about the economy, but who is bigger than the economy? Who is bigger than the election? Even if the person isnt best for the economy, I'm still going to vote for the person God would have me to vote for- because he can fix any economic problems. He can do it all. I don't doubt it, I just feel sad for those who don't believe it.

Who writes,
Stefanie Rae

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, have I mentioned lately that I love you? :) This post cracks me up, and it's so awesome. I promise never to discuss politics with you, because I'm sick of it too. And I feel like I had more to say, but I can't think of it, so here this comment ends.